Old July 10th 06, 01:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David David is offline

Default radio australia signal is weak

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 06:51:26 +0000, weatherall
wrote:

I had success receiving Radio Australia last summer in the 19 meter
band. I've been looking up their frequencies on primetimeshortwave.com
Lately I am only getting faint signals, which are even weaker than
the Voice of Russia.

Has anyone in North America had success with Radio Australia in the
past few months? I'm curious to know which times and frequencies are
successful.

Typically I use a Sony ICF SW7600GR or Eton E5 with just the builtin
antenna. Grounding hasn't helped much - the signal just seems too
weak. I'm in an apartment and I don't have the option for a lengthy
outdoor antenna. I have a DE31 loop antenna that doesn't really help.

9580 relatively weak on the W. coast N. Am.

S-8 w/preamp, moderate noise

R8B 50' random wire

1257 10July