Old July 10th 06, 07:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Bill Mutch Bill Mutch is offline

Default Rochester A.W.A. annual swap / meet?

wrote:
Hi All,
I am planning out the late summer / early fall and was wondering if the
annual A.W.A . swap / meet in Rochester is worth going to anymore. I
haven't been there in a few years and would like to know from those who
attend regularly if it is worth the trip and expense. When I attended
(and this was in the mid 90's), it was pretty lively with lots of
vendors, moderate prices etc.... Should I plan on attending?

I've been the last couple of years, enjoyed it and plan to go this
year. It's only and hour and half drive for me. It's not *just* about
the flea market which can get decimated by bad WX as it did a couple of
years back. Some of the talks and inside exhibits are really worth the
trip for me.

I mainly
look for boatanchors, but will pick up the odd table set and even
consider consoles if the price is low enough.

Collectorism has forced up prices, but there are still people who will
bargin
rgds,
Mark S.

73, de KC2LVQ