Old July 10th 06, 09:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce dxAce is offline

Default This Really Sucks

dxAce wrote:

Ron Hardin wrote:

Well, you can avoid most IBOC interference at the moment by nulling
it away with your no doubt directional antenna. With multiple IBOCs
on the same frequency that won't work, of course. And you may
already be using your null to take out another station on the same
frequency, which hobby will disappear.

Also the IBOC hash is much stronger on the sideband away from the
offending station, so use LSB to listen to 770 hashed by 760's station,
and USB to listen to 750 hashed by 760's station.

It no work! If the hash from 760 is already physically on the 770 frequency then
the 770 frequency is unusable.

And... I just tried it with the problem I have here with WBBM 780 Chicago which runs
HD/IBOC QRM interfering with 790. If I switch to 790 USB I actually get more
hash/noise than I get with 790 LSB.

And yes, I tried it with four receivers, Drake R7, R8, R8A and R8B... all the same.