Old July 11th 06, 12:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David David is offline

Default HD-IBOC - The Death of AM/MW Radio Listening . . .

On 10 Jul 2006 14:36:39 -0700, "RHF"
wrote:

In the Twain Harte, CA currently I can hear many
Out-of-Area AM/MW {Analog} Radio Stations like :
Sacramento - KSTE 650 kHz and KFBK 1530 kHz
Fresno KRE 580 kHz
* With HD-IBOC these AM Signals will be under the
Digital Signal Hash an no longer be able to be heard.
* Local Only - HD-IBOC will result in about 9 AM
Radio Stations that could be heard easily.

The only stations I can get at night are KNX and a bunch of
out-of-market stations e.g. KGO and KKOH. (Yeah, I can get KSL and
KFBK, too, but they suck). KDWN has some choice moments on occasion.