Old July 11th 06, 05:54 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Ben Jackson Ben Jackson is offline

Default Toroid or molded inductor in low voltage tank?

On 2006-07-10, Ben Jackson wrote:

I actually have such a circuit built, and I took some measurements
today. I'll wind a 1.8uH inductor on a T37-2 tonight and compare.

Ok, I wound 20 turns of about 30ga wire on a T30-2 and compared before/
after (each with the trim cap set for peak) and it's about 2.75V p-p
vs 2.0V p-p, or ~3dB. I'll put it on the spectrum analyzer at work
again to make sure the unwanted products are still in the same place,
but it looks like a win for high Q.

Thanks to everyone who replied, it was very educational!

Anyone have any tips for securing fine-wire toroids in
Ugly/Manhattan construction?

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD

http://www.ben.com/