Old July 11th 06, 05:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap
an old friend an old friend is offline

Default Email this to your Senators and Congressmen. make the FCC do the right thing.

Al Klein wrote:
On 10 Jul 2006 19:53:45 -0700, "an old friend"
wrote:

you are simply spreading ignorance al

That you don't know something doesn't make it the ignorance of others.

no such requirement exists indeed if you can read then the question and
answers are suposed to read to you and your aswers taken down

Languageless?

yes indeed although it easier if you do understand english not required

So if you don't understand English you can still answer English
questions. Interesting.

all that is required is getting the right answers down on the answer
sheet

how the test taker manages that (other than cheating) is up the take
of the test one of the options

understanding the lang of the question is merely one or the options the
best one for the ARS but for example MY wife did not understand some
the question on her tech test using the fact I know something of how
the test is asembled and graded she was able to fill correctly some of
the ansers by looking for a patern in the in answers of the questions
she could understand without this test taking skill ( avarient of skill
taught in some corners for passing other tests) she would not be a ham
today

and yet she was able to help set up at FD this year and make some
contact and has been able to devolpe soe of the skill needd in the ARS,
enough to be complmented on her skill duiring reccent local emergency
here in the area. i was busy geting theour aux power back online and
adjusted to the loads I wanted carried and she used the radio (and
helped by reading a a few reading fromt he station back to me as I
worked on stablizing our household systems

My wife does not understand a great deal of the content of the messages
she relayed, such understanding was not required in order to be of
assitance

On her own she has slowly been feling her way into the preveldges
offered by her license, amsuingly to those that know me she is
developing some talnet for Morse Code and and has been making a qso's
in that mode but due being still clumsy and a more than bit of test
anxiety has been unable to pass a test that and the fact the tone the
arrl uses gives her a headache and the ARRL will not alow another tone
to used without the report of an audiologist (at a cost of about 2k)
means she will wait tille the FCC acts to get an HF license like I am
waiting