Old July 12th 06, 12:40 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
garigue garigue is offline

Default Language, code, proficiency etc.

It boils down to code being nothing more than another operating mode
which isn't a language and isn't a gauge of proficiency.

Unless ........ one is trying to communicate with another "code" station
....... I don't buy the language aspect ...in fact this discussion has been
beat to death years ago ...... what is proficient ???? 5 WPM yep it is if
you are working another 5 WPM station .... 40 WPM yep if the other fellow
is 40 WPM "proficient" ...as stated many times before ....my "proficiency"
unravels like a cheap sweater around 40 WPM or so. PS to keep this in the
realm of equipment ......
how does the FT-897 act with the Collins CW filter ...worth if for and
backup and field day ????

Take care all ...73 Tom Popovic KI3R