Old July 12th 06, 05:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Doug Smith W9WI Doug Smith W9WI is offline

Default OY1R

phoeniX wrote:
Terry Palmersheim wrote:

Had a QSO w/ this station during the IARU Contest. Gave his zone as 29
although OY is the Faroe Islands; which is 18. Ant help would be
appreciated. Tnx.

He gave you a ITU zone number (different from WAZ).

Yeah, but 18 *is* the right ITU zone for the Faroes. (I want to say it's
WAZ Zone 40) ITU Zone 29 is western Russia & adjoining countries.
(Ukraine, Baltic States, etc.)

I'm thinking Terry busted the call but am having trouble figuring out
who he really worked. Maybe UY1A?

--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66