Old October 7th 03, 04:49 PM
Cecil Moore

Richard Clark wrote:
If you choose to put forward a variant employing reactance, you could
at least step up to the bench to offer confirmatory or rejecting
evidence as I did.

OK, here's an interesting data point. I adjusted my IC-756PRO for 5W
output on 7.2 MHz using the following circuit.

7.2MHz 5W source---(+j442)---(-j442)---50 ohm dummy load

SWR meter at the dummy load read 5W forward with an SWR of 1:1

Then I installed the SWR meter between the coil and the cap. With 5W
supplied by the source, the forward power read 150 watts. Indicated
SWR was 3:1
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp