Old October 7th 03, 06:44 PM
Cecil Moore

Reg Edwards wrote:
But where have you hidden this remarkable transmission line which is long
enough to mug and hoodwink so-called SWR meters?

It does not exist!

Your argument falls flat at the start.

Reg, I asked the question over on sci.phisics.electromag and got
the following answer:

So unless almost all the power diverts into an undesireable
mode (by a factor of more than a million to one), one foot
of (RG-213) cable should see pure TEM at the end.

So according to a pretty smart guy, one foot of RG-213 on each side
of a 50 ohm SWR meter will ensure that the SWR meter is in the 50 ohm
environment for which it was designed. I have three feet of RG-400
on each side of mine.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp