Old July 13th 06, 04:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap
an old freind an old freind is offline

Default Email this to your Senators and Congressmen. make the FCC do the right thing.

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Al Klein wrote:

What about the people locked out by CW requirements who wanted to
design and test RF equipment? Not the "I don't do solder" types, but
people with a real love of electronic design? I've always had a severe
dropout in my hearing that made it impossible to listen to CW for more
than a few minutes at a time. I would end up with headaches, some that
lasted for days. I finally threw in the towel and went into other areas
of electronics. I wanted to learn microwave communications. Along the
way I worked in Broadcast and Two way radio servicing.

i hear you on the headaches I remmebr them from my teen aged efforts at
Morse
amusing I listen I can lsiten to morse all day without a problem as
long I don't try to break it down at all then a headache sets in a in
matter of seconds and slowly grows as I try to process the signal

I can in fat qso in the mode using pc with a spectrographic display to
allow me to look at the parts of the signal I can't read with the pc