Old July 13th 06, 07:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default HF {Shortwave} Antennas from The-Land-Down-Under {Australia}

In article . com,
"RHF" wrote:

Telamon wrote:
In article .com,
"RHF" wrote:

Telamon wrote:
In article
.com,
"RHF" wrote:

For One and All,

We all know about the popular makers of HF {Shortwave}
Antennas here in the USA such as : Alpha Delta; Antenna
Supermarket; Par Electronics; Barker & Williamson; Hy Power;
Van Gorden; Cushcraft; Diamond; Hustler . . .

But here is another HF {Shortwave} Antenna maker from
The-Land-Down-Under {Australia} http://www.bushcomm.com.au/
http://www.bushcommonline.biz/SearchResults.asp?Cat=110
Always worth a look for some ideas on "How To" Construct
{Build} an Antenna in a new and different way . . .

sometimes up-side-down can be interesting - iane ~ RHF

I don't see the point of spending the extra money required to
buy an antenna for transmit when what we need is a receiving
antenna.

Telamon - Well Built -is- Well Built ~ RHF [ Look + Observe =
Learn ] {Buying is not required}

IMHO - A commercial Shortwave {HF}Antenna design that is for
Amateur Radio use can last for years and withstand the elements.
A 'home-made' Shortwave Listening {Receive Only} Antenna the the
builder wants to Keep-Up-in-the-Air for Years would benefit from
many Amateur Radio {Do-It- Yourself} Building Practices.

Ham antennas are 2 to 3 times the cost of well made receiving
antennas and not worth the money for a receiving application. You
are not going to gain anything by spending $100 to $200 more for a
ham antenna. A well made commercial receiving antenna will last
just as long. The main difference between them is the elements for
ham antennas are designed to handle transmit power efficiently.

Telamon,

My point about "Well Built -is- Well Built" is that Quality Materials
and Good Building Techniques will result in an Antenna that lasts.
Start by taking a Look at some of the commercial products and Amateur
designs and learn 'How To' make "The Right Stuff" that will endure
the elements for years.

Although I have been know to Rig a new Antenna Idea once-a-week when
the weather, time and imagination are right. ~ RHF

OK, how about the Alpha Delta antennas that are around $125 -$130
instead of the $300 to $400 ham antennas. The Alpha Delta's are just as
sturdy and will last just as long.

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/3377.html

--
Telamon