Old July 14th 06, 02:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.swap,rec.radio.shortwave
Unrevealed Source Unrevealed Source is offline

Default Latest RADIOMART ebay scam!!!

I've made the same mistake once or twice myself, Chuck. It doesn't matter a
whole lot to me, since I pay off the credit card in full anyway, but I do
like to have that last bit of protection in case something goes really wrong
(which hasn't happened yet, but still....) and I also like to have the
one-month float.

I don't think there is a way to make the credit card the default payment
option; it's one of those annoyances in an otherwise good service. It's
curious why they didn't try the backup credit card right away. That's good
to know.

"Chuck Harris" wrote in message
Unrevealed Source wrote:

4) Use only Paypal, with a credit card, to pay for your purchases.

That brings to mind a question: Is there any way to stop paypal from
insisting on using your linked bank account as its first choice?

The reason I ask, is I accidentally forgot to check "more payment
options",
and didn't notice until after paypal finalized the transaction. Paypal
attempted to overdraw my account, and I got charged a $25 overdraft fee by
my bank. The idiots at paypal were going to retry this 2 more times
before
quitting, and using my "backup" credit card. If I hadn't noticed, this
transaction
would have cost me $75 in overdraft fees. There was no way I could cancel
the payment, and switch to a credit card.

I complained to paypal, because I thought they were supposed to check the
balance on the account before they tried to draw funds, but they ignored
me completely.

-Chuck