Old July 13th 06, 10:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.swap,rec.radio.shortwave
gwatts gwatts is offline

Default Latest RADIOMART ebay scam!!!

Chuck Harris wrote:
gwatts wrote:

Chuck Harris wrote:

Unrevealed Source wrote:

4) Use only Paypal, with a credit card, to pay for your purchases.

That brings to mind a question: Is there any way to stop paypal from
insisting on using your linked bank account as its first choice?

Don't give them an account number in the first place.

Not practical, paypal cuts you off after you have made an accumulated
$2000 in payments. The only way they will let you exceed that limit is
if you tie a bank account to your paypal account.

It comes down to weighing practicality versus prudence. I've closed old
and opened new paypal accounts when I get too close to the limit, even
on the same credit card, and that limit was $10k the last time I opened
a new one.

Further, ebay encourages sellers not to sell to unconfirmed addresses.
The only way to confirm an address is to link a credit card, or confirmed
paypal account to your ebay account.

I've never had a seller bring up the 'verified' issue even when they say
they'll only ship to a verified address, maybe because I contact the
'must be verified' sellers personally in addition to the automatic
post-auction contact. Like paypal, they're mostly interested in the
money and will bend their rules a bit if it looks legit.

...I opened this account just for paypal. I
only keep $50 in the account, hence the problem.

I'm sorry it hasn't worked out better for you and I hope it gets better,
but my experience makes me cynical and it's not that much more trouble
doing what I do now. The again, I don't sell often and I don't take
paypal payments when I do. That may have to change, and I'll have to do
the special account business, and watch it like a hawk on bunnies.

That is exactly what I did. Credit unions charge no service fees, and
have a $50 minimum for startup.

No local credit union available for me.

73 and the best of luck to you,
W8LNA