Old October 7th 03, 08:52 PM
Roy Lewallen

There could be quite a number of reasons Richard's readings aren't
indicating what he thinks, and this is certainly one of them. Of one
thing I'm certain -- the reason is something other than actual SWR being
modified by source impedance.

And yes, our SWR meters can easily be that far off when attempting to
measure the real SWR on real cables. Good thing it doesn't matter, huh?

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Cecil Moore wrote:

Assuming 57.2 - j2.32 ohms Z0, our 50 ohm SWR meters may be off
by 15%? Could this be the answer to Richard C's SWR readings?
I suggested that as a possibility early on but he dismissed it.