Old July 14th 06, 05:23 AM
weatherall weatherall is offline
Senior Member

Location: san francisco, ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Hey everyone, I just wanted to know what your opinions are on these two
radios? I recently found an old shortwave radio of my dads and have
become interested in these types of radios. I would like to get a new
one for home but also for when I travel. These are the two I have
narrowed my search down to but am having a difficult time making a
decision between them. Could anyone give me some advice, reviews and
recommendations?
Thanks all,
Reviews of both are he
http://www.radiointel.com/reviews.htm

Be aware that the Eton E5 gobbles batteries even when turned off. I own one and typically have to recharge the batteries after 2 months of non-use. My E5 also came with a power adapter that generates interference on shortwave bands. Other than those issues, I am happy with my E5.

I have an ATS-505 as well, but I have much less usage experience with it. It is larger than I expected and I find the sound that its speaker makes to be unpleasant for some reason.
weatherall :: http://cobaltpet.blogspot.com/