Old October 7th 03, 08:23 PM
Tarmo Tammaru

Cecil,

Very interesting. Can you take one more reading. Leave the meter between the
coil and cap, and then short out the coil. If shorting out the coil makes
any difference, you are seeing the imperfection due to the meter. This is
what I was alluding to in my response to Walter.

Tam/WB2TT
"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
Richard Clark wrote:
If you choose to put forward a variant employing reactance, you could
at least step up to the bench to offer confirmatory or rejecting
evidence as I did.

OK, here's an interesting data point. I adjusted my IC-756PRO for 5W
output on 7.2 MHz using the following circuit.

7.2MHz 5W source---(+j442)---(-j442)---50 ohm dummy load

SWR meter at the dummy load read 5W forward with an SWR of 1:1

Then I installed the SWR meter between the coil and the cap. With 5W
supplied by the source, the forward power read 150 watts. Indicated
SWR was 3:1
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp