Old October 8th 03, 12:12 AM
Tarmo Tammaru

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
Tarmo Tammaru wrote:
Very interesting. Can you take one more reading. Leave the meter between

the
coil and cap, and then short out the coil. If shorting out the coil

makes
any difference, you are seeing the imperfection due to the meter. This

is
what I was alluding to in my response to Walter.

Shorting out the coil will leave the load at 50-j442 ohms, a very high

SWR.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Hi Cecil,

I think what you did was to force the current to be in phase with the
voltage and fooled the meter into thinking it was all forward power. That is
sort of the experiment I was going to do, but you beat me to it. Note that
in the case where you moved the meter, you actually changed the load, but
you know that.

Tam/WB2TT