Old July 16th 06, 04:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave
Slow Code Slow Code is offline

Default Elimination of CW is a loss in the number of ways we can communicatewith other.

"J. D. B." wrote in
:

John,

Just get on digital modes. Don't worry about CW. Digital is where the
fun is and the copy is much better.

A buddy of mine in St. Louis and I experimented with low power and
various digital modes last night on 40 meters. CW was marginal. The
best was DominoEX with FEC - just about 100% all the time and it also
has a second channel to display additional information.

CW can be fun at times, but maybe it's not your thing. Let the
stone-age hams continue with CW, and move up and on to the digital
modes.

Yes, just as long as it's still required to get a license and the speeds
need to be bumped back up to 13 & 20wpm again.

SC