Old July 16th 06, 04:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap
Slow Code Slow Code is offline

Default Elimination of CW is a loss in the number of ways we can communicatewith other.

"JOHN D" wrote in

"L is easy to remember. "to hell with it".

Thank you, I was haveing trouble confusing "F" and "L"

I got nothing against CW, but being kept out of amateur radio for 40+
years cus I had difficulty learning the code, sucks.
Finally, I got enough right to barely pass the 5 wpm test. Still can't
find anybody slow enough for me to copy on the air.
If I ever get good enough to use it, I'll try a few homebrew transmitter
projects.

I expect there are some technically competent people who might be
interested in amateur radio, but have no interest in learning code.
John

They're not interested in being about to communicate in all ways
effectively, they just want to be phonies. They they could've stuck to CB
for that.