Old July 16th 06, 06:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap
an_old_friend an_old_friend is offline

Default If you had to use CW to save someone's life, would that person die?

Alun L. Palmer wrote:
"clfe" wrote in
:

"Alun L. Palmer" wrote in message
. ..
wrote in
s.com:

If you asked the same question to someone who had only passed 5 wpm

Lou

It is possible that someone could learn at 5wpm, not use it for years, and
still be able to use it, but I wouldn't want to bet my life on it.

More to the point is I can't magine a scenario in which CW would be the
only mode available, and that hams are about the only remaining users of
CW.

oh I can imgine that much bt then however I can't take the next and
imagine that cw is all their is andthat the message is going to do
anygood the only senario like that is independace day