Old October 8th 03, 02:33 AM
Cecil Moore

Tarmo Tammaru wrote:
I think what you did was to force the current to be in phase with the
voltage and fooled the meter into thinking it was all forward power. That is
sort of the experiment I was going to do, but you beat me to it. Note that
in the case where you moved the meter, you actually changed the load, but
you know that.

I didn't appreciably change the load on the transmitter. All I did was
change the position of the SWR meter in the serial component chain.
This is essentially what Chipman discusses in his book. Now comes the
big question. Does the same thing happen on a line with reflections
when the impedance looking one direction is 100+j100 ohms and the
impedance looking the other direction is 100-j100 ohms? Is there a
localized energy exchange between that +j100 ohms and that -j100 ohms
that affects the SWR meter?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp