Old July 11th 03, 12:48 AM
Myron

- The dipole wires don't have to be straight. If you zigzag each
side of the dipole back and forth across the width of the attic
space a couple of times you can probably increase the length of the
wires significantly, and improve the tuner's ability to load up the
wires onto the lower-frequency bands.

Dave,

I will definitely add a choke balun.

How much zig zagging do you think I could get away with without introducing
factors that would seriously degrade performance? My attic crawl space is
about 3 feet wide, 4feet high pitching down to the floor and 28 feet in
length. I imagine I could easily fit a 33 foot dipole in that area to work
20M.

Thanks for the info.

Myron