Old July 17th 06, 07:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Mains Was: Low cost SMD Oven for making SMD samples and Prototypes

Ian White GM3SEK wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Ian White GM3SEK wrote:

(But I'm a fine one to talk: my bad habit is to sniff the soldering iron
to see if it's hot :-)

At least you stopped using your tongue to test it! ;-)

No, you've got it all wrong - you use your tongue to test if the
soldering iron is COLD.

I was in someone else's shop one day and saw something falling off
the edge of the bench in my peripheral vision, and caught a hot
soldering iron. Luckily I had my tool box with me so I grabbed some
pure silicone grease and smeared it over the burns. I lost a layer of
dead skin a few days later, but it didn't dry out enough to crack and
bleed, which would have taken a lot longer to heal.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida