Old August 24th 03, 06:41 PM
Hank Oredson

"Phil Kane" wrote in message
et...
On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 10:17:16 -0600, Ken Bessler wrote:

Dipole fed with coax?

Yep (11' of rg8x), with a 6 turn, 2-5/8" dia rg8 mini coax choke at the
feedpoint. BTW I just moved here (Denver) from Wichita, KS where
I had a GAP Titan DX installed - had the same problem there, too.

Get a pair of clamp-on toroidial chokes and put them around the
monitor lead, one at the computer and one at the monitor. For one
Viewsonic monitor I had several years ago, it was required to meet
FCC data equipment noise leakage standards.

The 60 Hz modulation is probably the vertical scan (refresh) rate of
the monitor.

--
73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest
Beaverton (Washington County) Oregon

You may need to do power cable as well, possibly serial and
parallel port cables and sound card cables depending on how
lucky you get. Six computers running here and it took a good
bit of playing with chokes to get things quieted down.

--

... Hank

From a hill south of that Clearing in the Silicon Forest :-)

Hank: http://horedson.home.att.net