Old August 27th 03, 10:59 AM
Bob Miller

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 20:39:45 GMT, (K5DH) wrote:

MFJ-9020 users...

Has anyone come up with an effective way to reduce or
eliminate the interference from WWV? I hate having
that constant high-pitched heterodyne in the 'fones.
How about a 10 MHz trap at the antenna connector, or
at the input to the receiver section? I thought about
moving the i-f off 10 MHz a little by using a matched
set of crystals, but that could get a bit expensive.

Hmm, my little qrp ten-tec 1320 has an IF of 6.144 mhz. The rig has
six HC-49 style crystals at that frequency, and they don't look that
expensive. (Whole rig only cost $95.)

Bob
k5qwg

I'm open to any reasonable suggestions.

Please don't waste my time and your time telling me to
junk the 9020 and buy an FT-817 (which I already own
and like very much) or one of the myriad of other QRP
rigs on the market. I want to make the 9020 work, just
because. Besides, I like tinkering with QRP rigs!

73/72,
Dean K5DH