Old July 19th 06, 03:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Morris Code -plus- Continuous Wave (CW) Radio Transmission -and- Semaphore Signals ? Do They Defining Amateur Radio ?

SC,

Morris Code -plus- Continuous Wave (CW) Radio Transmission
-and- Semaphore Signals ? Do They Defining Amateur Radio ?
- - - The Times They Are A Changing !

While I can admire and respect an Amateur {HAM} Radio Operator
for Mastering Morris Code (CW).

Morris Code in and of itself does not define the Amateur Radio Service.

Morris Code
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morse_code

Continuous Wave (CW) Radio Transmission 'process' in
and of itself does not define the Amateur Radio Service.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuous_wave

The Amateur Radio Service is Greater than both Morris Code
and Continuous Wave (CW) Radio Transmission - IMHO ~ RHF

Boy Scout Merit Badge Requirements - "RADIO"
http://www.meritbadge.com/mb/093.htm
At one time when I was a very young boy nd a Boy Scout
I Learned to Send and Receive Morris Code at about 5WPM
-but- Then I also learned to use Flags to Send Hand-Flag
"Semaphore" Signals Too !
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semaphore_(communication)
Neither the ability to use Morris Code or the Semaphone
Flags to Communicate 'defined' Being A Boy Scout.

just an old boy scout at heart ~ RHF