Old July 19th 06, 02:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
AndyS AndyS is offline

Default What is a wire antenna's impedance? -followup

Highland Ham wrote:
==========================
Alternatively you could use a ground plane of chicken wire mesh ,a bit
easier to handle than a sheet of metal.

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH

Andy comments:
That's a good idea. I always seem to have some tin laying around
and
no chicken wire, but it would work well. Also hardware cloth -- that
stuff
with the little squares that is used a lot on rabbit cage bottoms.....

In fact, they would both be good for corner reflectors, with a PVC
frame...
Or a large bowtie dipole to get broadband at VHF........ hmmmmmmmm.

Thanks Frank, you have ALMOST inspired me to start another
project........... maybe tomorrow :)))))

Andy W4OAH