Old July 19th 06, 04:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Guy Atkins Guy Atkins is offline

Default Winradio g313e and Flex-Radio SDR-1000 Compared

George, I don't have much experience tuning longwave, so I can't comment on
the two receivers used for this band. I do know there are some LW
enthusiasts using the SDR-1000, but they're in the minority of Flex-Radio
users like I am.

Regarding the audio filter in the g313e, thanks for the reminder. We did try
this facility with the Winradio, as well as the audio equalizer in the
SDR-1000. I didn't think the Winradio's audio filter added any benefit to
helping increase intelligibility of weak signals, over what the excellent
DSP filter already provides. Perhaps we weren't using it in a way that helps
dig out an ID on weak signals. The SDR-1000's equalizer definitely helps me
to boost the critical midrange voice frequencies at times; I have a favorite
setting I use about 80% of the time when DXing. For most of the receiver
comparisons, though, we turned off both the Winradio audio filter and the
Flex-Radio's audio equalizer.

Guy

"George Bell" wrote in message

The G313e performs well down to 10 kHz. See
http://www.winradio.com/home/g313e.htm
(click on Technical Specifications botton right, specs below 150 kHz)

From my own experience, this is probably the best receiver for LF
experimentation currently available.

George