Old July 19th 06, 01:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap,rec.radio.shortwave
an old freind an old freind is offline

Default Morris Code -plus- Continuous Wave (CW) Radio Transmission -and- Semaphore Signals ? Do They Defining Amateur Radio ?

Cecil Moore wrote:
an old friend wrote:
oridinary humans HMM is it realy proven that ordinary human can do it
by ear Cecil or merely proven that enough to man the telagraphs of the
day could do so?

Please note that I didn't say ordinary human beings could read
telegraph code. All I said was that ordinary human beings could
distinguish between the sound of a dot and the sound of a dash.

I think that's a pretty safe assumption with "ordinary" in the
sense of an average human possessing average hearing abilities.
I would bet that a dog could even be trained to distinguish a
dot from a dash.

I stand corrected although the inclation was that ordinary people could
read the code itself but the poit is made I think
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp