Old July 18th 03, 04:46 PM
Richard Clark

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 09:51:35 -0700, W5DXP
wrote:

Dick Carroll wrote:
You can be just as sure that the speaker presents its rated impedance only
at one frequency, too.

Is it still 1000 Hz?

Hi All,

Such easy things to confirm.....

I have a pair of Pioneer speakers, looked at their spec.s pasted to
the back, rated flat from 10Hz to 25KHz (flat being order of two from
nominal 10 Ohms) with a small (BW) peak at 80Hz.

Years ago in my metrology lab, we abandoned laboratory grade
amplifiers and speakers for commercial ones as the market offered far
better product at much cheaper rates.

Sound, like light, makes virtual experts of everyone through their
misperception of its common features. Eyes and ears are fine
instruments clouded by the brain.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC