Old July 20th 06, 12:31 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David Eduardo David Eduardo is offline

Default HD article from Radio World

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

"David Eduardo" wrote in message
.com...

"David" wrote in message
On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 16:50:35 GMT, "David Eduardo"
wrote:

"Steve" wrote in message

3. The listener does not pay for HD.
4. The listener pays for satellite radio.
Don't be absurd. You pay for so-called free radio every time you buy
one of the bull**** consumer products or services advertised thereon.

That is a real load. You do not have to buy anything to use terrestrial
radio.

That's a half-truth and you know it. As consumers we DO have to buy a
great many things.

You know what I meant. To listen to the radio, you do not have to agree to
buy anything. You can buy or not buy at your option.

If the product is advertised on the the radio, then the cost of that
advertisement is factored into the bottom line, and therefor the cost of
the product to the consumer.

Any marketing costs are. So is shipping, spoiled goods, labor, raw
materials. That is not specific to radio however, and thus irrelevant here.
those who offer goods and services have to use some method of letting
consumers know of their existence. But this cost is not caused by raido,
but, instead, by the need to engage in marketing.

Quit trying to blow smoke up our asses.

Is there some reason you have to use vulgarities? That ususally means the
person so engaged has lost the argument.

Nothing in this world is ever free. Even so-called NCE stations receive
tax dollars either directly or indirectly, so we're all paying for those
as well.

But these costs are not a consequence of listening to the radio... they are
marketing costs that would be the same even if the advertiser never used
radio.