Old July 20th 06, 12:41 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David David is offline

Default HD article from Radio World

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 23:23:30 GMT, D Peter Maus
wrote:

Brenda Ann wrote:

Even so-called NCE stations receive tax
dollars either directly or indirectly, so we're all paying for those as
well.

Surprisingly few, these days, actually. Most Non-Coms exist by
listener support, corporate grant, and CPB funding.

But very little actual tax money.

That's one reason why Non-Coms frequently have such fine facilties.
They don't have to survive on ratings based advertising revenue streams.

Really?

http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ptfp/

The corporations and individuals get a tax break for contributing.
These funds must be made up elsewhere. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big
supporter of publicly funded media (it's purer) but don't blow smoke
up my ass about who pays for it.