Old July 20th 06, 12:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Scott Scott is offline

Default toroid cores?

Actually, maybe the soldering DID do it. Are you using an iron with a
three prong cord? The third prong ties the soldering iron tip to ground
(assuming that, if so, you are plugging that into a GROUNDED three prong
outlet and not using one of those three prong to two prong adapters).
Also, this is assuming you are in the United States...not sure about
other countries outlet wiring.

Scott

Jamie wrote:

Some day... I'm going to mess about wit zener diodes... I tried to always
keep myself grounded, pinching the leads together with a hemostat, but..
maybe the soldering iron did it, yea, uh huh. :-)

Jamie