Old July 20th 06, 09:53 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default HD article from Radio World

David wrote:
On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 23:23:30 GMT, D Peter Maus
wrote:

Brenda Ann wrote:

Even so-called NCE stations receive tax
dollars either directly or indirectly, so we're all paying for those as
well.

Surprisingly few, these days, actually. Most Non-Coms exist by
listener support, corporate grant, and CPB funding.

But very little actual tax money.

That's one reason why Non-Coms frequently have such fine facilties.
They don't have to survive on ratings based advertising revenue streams.

Really?

http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ptfp/

The corporations and individuals get a tax break for contributing.
These funds must be made up elsewhere. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big
supporter of publicly funded media (it's purer) but don't blow smoke
up my ass about who pays for it.

David,

You mean to say that The Evil Corporations
who give Money to Non-Com Broadcasters
* and get Tax Breaks
* and Pay No Corporate Taxes
Are Ripping-Off The Public ? ? ?
- - - Especially the Public Who Does Not
Watch PBS or Listen to NPR ! ! !

it boggles the mind ~ RHF