Old July 21st 06, 01:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
AndyS AndyS is offline

Default Microwave oven transformers

Andy writes:

I have been thinking about building a high voltage power supply
for a big amp, and am toying with the idea of using a couple of
microwave oven transformers, which I have on hand.

I plan to use two, with the primaries connected in parallel but
opposing, so that each one will supply voltage, half-wave, to a
diode ring. By doing this, I can have each core grounded like it
is used in the ovens....

So, has anyone else done this and run into any problems that
I may not have forseen ?

Thanks,
Andy