Old July 22nd 06, 01:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Spammenotplease Spammenotplease is offline

Default Microwave oven transformers

There's a yahoo rfamplifiers group on the web, we've talked about this
subject a few times and a copy of the text is available in our files
section.

Join us if you'd like to talk about hv supplies and rf amplifiers:

cheers,
skipp

: AndyS wrote:
: Andy writes:

: I have been thinking about building a high voltage power supply
: for a big amp, and am toying with the idea of using a couple of
: microwave oven transformers, which I have on hand.

: I plan to use two, with the primaries connected in parallel but
: opposing, so that each one will supply voltage, half-wave, to a
: diode ring. By doing this, I can have each core grounded like it
: is used in the ovens....

: So, has anyone else done this and run into any problems that
: I may not have forseen ?

: Thanks,
: Andy