Old July 22nd 06, 02:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jeff Dieterle Jeff Dieterle is offline

Default AM Car Radio Reception Problem

I posted regarding this a few months ago and since then have found the root
cause of the reception. The symptoms are an overpowering hum at the low end
of the am band. It is being caused by 3-phase power lines. I can follow the
line for several miles in any direction with any of my vehicles and get the
interference. I contacted the power company and they are supposedly looking
for the cause. Has anybody had success getting this type of problem
resolved? Do I have recourse if the power company doesn't fix the problem?