Old July 23rd 06, 05:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Cutting cable length to match 1/4 wave 162 MHz antenna?

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 23:03:29 GMT, "Robert Haston"
wrote:
I'm moving a 162 MHz (marine band ship tracker - AIS) receiver to within a
couple feet of its quarter wave ground plane antenna.
Is there a certain cable length I should use to tune for maximum gain?

Hi Robert,

The shortest line would have the most gain. However, in all
practicality, if you are not talking a great distance, it doesn't
really matter much for receive from an antenna suited for the band you
are listening to.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC