Old July 24th 06, 05:13 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap
Jimmy Mac Jimmy Mac is offline

Default You're not a real ham if you never took or passed a Code test.

Are you ****ing stoned???

If it weren't for no code, there would be no new Hams! Another 20 years and
all you legitimate code endorsed hams will be dx'ing with the worms. We have
to go with the times fool!

We've already lost 80% of interest to the Internet and all the IM's email
and all.. You clearly are living in the dark ages..

If we are to save amateur radio at all, we need numbers. We've already lost
too much spectrum due to the lack of use. So what if no code'rs gain access
to HF? It's either that or we loose HF to the commercial interests.

I took the 13 and used code a grand total of one time in the last 16 years.

Asshole.

"Slow Code" wrote in message
nk.net...
Just thought you should know that.

Help save Ham radio and ignore Markie to save
usenet. Thanks

1- No more automatic renewals. Individuals must retest and pass all
elements required for their license class every ten years.

2- The passing score for written exams needs to be raised to 85%.

3- Code elements should be 13 wpm for General, and 20 wpm for Extra.

4- Make the no-code license one year non-renewable.

5- Cancel your ARRL membership until they decide to work to improve
things and stop them from proposing ham radio that is like CB.