Old October 9th 03, 03:57 PM
AA

"G.Beat",
"Ubi est ignus?"
'Doc

In seriousness, think it is, "Ubi ignus est?" unless I've forgotten all my
Latin.

Now, who wants to do a Smith Chart in Coptic Egyptian?

Getting back to antennas, has anyone ever used 24 ga. high tensile strength
stainless steel wire (think aircraft safety wire) as an antenna? I need a TRUE
stealth design, as I've got more XYL restrictions than CC&R restrictions (yea,
I know...get a new XYL....but too expensive, and this one is a GREAT cook!).
I've got a roll I'm going to try out (nice neighbor with a tall tree 160 ft
away) but would like any comments, etc. Max power out will be around 100W or
so (Alinco DX70). Tuner will be the EDX-2 Alinco. (thus, piece of cake for
tuning....but wondering about general comments on the SS wire) Comments?
Modeling the install after the ARRL handbook on end-fed antennas
w/counterpoise(s) for autotuner. 80-10M range.

Tnx!
Andrew