Old July 24th 06, 02:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Noon-Air Noon-Air is offline

Default WIFI Interferance

"Dee Flint" wrote in message
. ..

"Wolfgang Fartbubble" wrote in message
news

Hi, yes it only happens when he is at home.
This has only happened since the antenna has been put up on the roof.,
never before.

Mike.

Still does not prove that it comes from the ham's setup. It could be
merely coincidental. Something else may have happened in the area that is
the problem. Coincidences do happen.

FWIW, The last time I put up a tower with antennas, I left the feedlines and
rotor control cables coiled and tie-wrapped to the side of the tower for a
week.... I got a dozen complaints..... turned out that there was an
unauthorized and *very* illegal CB station on the next block over. The CB'er
ended up in a real world of hurt.... this was in family housing on a Navy
base. Between the Navy, and the FCC.... well, lets just say that he can't
even go near a transmitter for a very long time.

-n6ojn