Old July 24th 06, 01:36 PM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap
Al Klein Al Klein is offline

Default You're not a real ham if you never took or passed a Code test.

On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 21:13:25 -0700, "Jimmy Mac"
wrote:

Another 20 years and
all you legitimate code endorsed hams will be dx'ing with the worms. We have
to go with the times fool!

Oh? Then you're in favor of REAL testing about digital modes? Like
questions on how Rayleigh fading limits bit rates on HF? That sort of
"the times"? (Or didn't you know that, without frame shifting,
digital modes cause problems on HF?)

Or are you one of those who favors as little testing as can be gotten
away with?

If we are to save amateur radio at all, we need numbers.

So you'd rather have millions of unqualified hams who know nothing
about radio than a few hundred thousand who do. We already have a
Citizen's Band - we don't need a dozen more of them.