Old July 24th 06, 01:56 PM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap
J. D. B. J. D. B. is offline

Default You're not a real ham if you never took or passed a Code test.

Al Klein wrote:

Or are you one of those who favors as little testing as can be gotten
away with?

Yup, as a person who has been a ham for 35 years, yup that's what I believe.

If we are to save amateur radio at all, we need numbers.

I absolutely agree.

So you'd rather have millions of unqualified hams who know nothing
about radio than a few hundred thousand who do.

Yup, that's what I also believe. Get people into the service and they
will start learning what they need to know on their own.

We already have a
Citizen's Band - we don't need a dozen more of them.

Actually the CB argument is really old. I got a CB radio for a trip two
years ago so my 20 something daughters could talk on it. The reality is
that hardly anyone is on CB either. Channel 19 was pretty quiet
compared to what is sounded like 20 years ago.

So not only are people avoiding ham radio, they are also avoiding CB.
Find a new argument Al for keeping people out of ham radio will you?