Old July 24th 06, 04:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Wayne Wayne is offline

Default neighborhood antenna restrictions

wrote in message
ups.com...
Help. I've been licensed since 1967, but I haven't been active for
about 20 years. I just bought a FT-101EE with a Cushcraft R4 vertical
antenna, however there are restrictions in my subdivision about
antennas. I'm thinking my best bet may be a long wire between my house
and a neighbor's tree with a tuner. I know this is an ago old battle,
any ideas for an inconspicuous HF antenna?

If you bought the house knowing that antennas were not allowed, consider not
putting antennas up, at least outside. If you got sucked into the deal by
an unscrupulous builder who deliberately hid the antenna restrictions so
that he could sell a house (this happened to me a few years ago).......

OK, stealth antennas...obviously higher frequencies are easier to deal
with....
1. Flagpole converted to antenna
2. Horizontal loop around the outside of the house, in the attic, or around
a room.
3. Mag loop
4. If you park your car in the driveway, mobile antenna with coax reaching
to shack.
5. Ground mounted tilt up vertical
6. Tilt up vertical mounted on metal fence
6. DDRR
7. Small diameter wire end fed
8. Capacity hat vertical with loading coil near top, producing a short
vertical not easily visible
9. Attic dipole