Old July 25th 06, 12:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner
an old friend an old friend is offline

Default If you had to use CW to save someone's life, would that person die?

Al Klein wrote:
On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 12:02:51 GMT, Cecil Moore
wrote:

Al Klein wrote:

Must? Where's the "must"? Or do you mean "If you aren't intelligent
enough, or motivated enough, to learn a little, the only way to get a
license is to memorize the answers."

How else one can know that the unit of resistance
is the "ohm", except by memorizing?

There's a difference between knowing that the unit of resistance is
the Ohm, and remembering that the answer to the question about
Kirchoff with the 3 resistors is 10,000 ohms.

someone could memorize that sort of detail I spuose but you nor your
friends have ever advanced any evidence that this occurs Indeed I
don't think it is possible to memorize enough to pass the test and
learn nothing in the bargan I can't prove that of course but it does
seem likely