Old July 25th 06, 12:42 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap
Slow Code Slow Code is offline

Default Elimination of CW is a loss in the number of ways we can communicatewith other.

"Brian Hill" wrote in :

"Al Klein" wrote in message
On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 19:40:52 -0500, jakdedert
wrote:

Al Klein wrote:

Then, as the courts would say, you have no standing in the matter.

Ahh...but I did, once

But you don't now, and it's now now, it's not once.

proving that one has little to do with the other.

And that you have little to do with this conversation.

You can argue till your blue in the face but CW requirement will be gone
sooner or later. I fully understand the points of the pro CW guys but
it's just the sign of the times.

BH

We have to keep trying to save Ham radio while we still can because once
it's all the way in the ****ter it will be even harder to pull back out &
clean up.

A Ham who'll stand for nothing will sit for anything. I won't accept
more dumbing down.

Help save Ham radio:

1- No more automatic renewals. Individuals must retest and pass all
elements required for their license class every ten years.

2- The passing score for written exams needs to be raised to 85%.

3- Code elements should be 13 wpm for General, and 20 wpm for Extra.

4- Make the no-code license one year non-renewable.

5- Cancel your ARRL membership until they decide to work to improve
things and stop them from proposing ham radio that is like CB.