Old September 8th 03, 01:22 PM
MD

"Jim Wagner" wrote in message

Is this problem throughout the TS-xxx line or just specific models.
Specifically, does the TS450S/AT sufer from it as well? My display
has taken to not coming on until 5-10 seconds after power up. Perhaps
that's the solder joint problem someone else mentioned in this thread?

73 de Jim, N4SVZ

Jim,

The 450 and 850 do NOT use this compund. You have nothing to worry about
there, but you might want to check to make sure your memory backup battery
has not corroded. They will leak onto the control board and make nasty
gremlins appear. The 450 and 850 have been one of K'woods most successful
models. Hopefully the same can be siad for my new TS570SG!!

73,
Max