Old September 8th 03, 08:52 PM
Paul Ryan

Default "Remote Base" operation with Icom IC-2720H

Cross Band Repeat Function

The ICOM IC-2720H supports cross-band repeat and
this feature may be activated by simple key strokes as follows:

To invoke this function:
Set the frequencies
Press LOW and DUP, then press SET for two seconds
Two flashing Ls will appear on the display

To exit this function:
press SET for two seconds

Important ! the VHF Freq must be programmed on the LEFT side, the UHF
Freq on the Right

Also - make sure you press LOW and DUP at the same time.
This can be difficult -- if you don't and get the 'busy' light blinking -
you have put one channel into 'monitor' mode and it won't repeat despite
the blinking 'L's
Just clear it (press SET) and try again.

wrote:

I was told that one can set up the Icom IC-2720H as a sort of a
"remote base" or cross-band repeater, so that I can use my 440-MHz HT
to talk to the IC-2720H and have my transmission repeated on 2 meters,
with the received signal on 2 meters repeated back to me on 440.

Is this possible? If so, how?

I looked on the Icom website and even downloaded a PDF of the user's
manual for the IC-2720H and couldn't find any indication that this
could be done.

If you can't do that with the IC-2720H, is there another dual band
radio with which you can do that?

Thanks...

Rick WA1RKT