Old July 25th 06, 03:34 PM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap
J. D. B. J. D. B. is offline

Default You're not a real ham if you never took or passed a Code test.

Really? My other hobby is model trains and I have never seen a rift in
model trains in 45 years.

Ham Radio has rifts only because some people feel they are better than
others and try to impose their will and superiority over others.
Usually over a CW testing requirement, being able to repair old,
outdated tube crap, and how fast one can send and receiver an old mode
of communication. They feel that just because someone can't send and
receive CW that they are somehow inferior. It is such foolishness. But
hang in there. These old, unbending old-timers are dying off and
eventually hams will all be united again promoting the service/hobby and
joining the national organization in support of the service/hobby. I
guess that's why God does not have people living forever. Death has a
way of cleansing the hobby of the old, outdated, and outmoded.

Al Klein wrote:
On 24 Jul 2006 21:57:39 -0700, "BruceMN44" wrote:

argument of learning code. I'm very dismayed by this rift, I wanted to
join a fellow group of RF communication enthusianists. I don't need a
segration here too...there is enough of that society already, I don't
need that in a hobby too.

There are rifts in all hobbies.